Freight within Tasmania
We can carry your parcel freight depot to depot throughout Tasmania at competitive rates and with regular services. (Subject to our terms and conditions - see below). Our competitive prices, regular services and extensive coverage of Tasmania is a great way to get your parcel delivered.
Freight Terms & Conditions
Whilst all care is taken Tassielink will not, in any circumstances, be liable for any loss or damage to personal effects, baggage or freight whether or not arising from negligence, tort or breach of contract or default of Tassielink.
- The term "freight" refers to all luggage and unaccompanied parcels, including but not limited to, bikes, surfboards and boogie boards.
- Tassielink Transit are not common carriers and reserve the right to accept and refuse articles for transport at its discretion.
- Freight is depot to depot only; door to door delivery is not available.
- All unclaimed freight will be held for a maximum of 30 days from date of transport after which the property may disposed of.
- Freight will be transpoered on the next available service subject to space being available.
- Tassielink Transit will under no circumstances be responsible for any loss whatsoever, partly or wholly as a result of freight not being protected by packaging. Each package can not exceed 10 Kg AND must be moveable by one person.
- Not withstanding any other term hereof, Tassielink Transit will under no circumstances be responsible for loss in respect of any freight. Which, is, in part or whole, fragile, contains any electronic components, gold, silver, writings, title deeds, paintings, engravings, pictures, bill of exchange, promissory notes, bank notes or other securities for payment of money, stamps, fur or of a perishable nature.
- Perishable items including those needing refrigeration can not be carried. Tassielink Transit reserves the right to remove or destroy any perishable items, transported and not identified to Tassielink at the time of consignment.
- All freight must be clearly labeled showing the following:
- Delivery Depot
- Consignee's address and contact number
- Consignor's address and contact number
- Freight being sent to all depots excluding Hobart and Launceston must be collected within 24 hours of delivery. Parcels not being collected may be transported back to the closest terminal and an additional freight charge may apply.
- Freight being sent to roadside stops or depots outside of opening hours must be collected direct from the coach/bus. Any uncollected parcels will be returned to the terminal from which it was sent. An additional freight charge may be incurred to resend parcels.
- All freight is to be securely packaged. No responsibility will be taken for damage or loss to freight caused by insufficient or inappropriate packaging.
- Freight wrapped in plastic bags including garbage bags will not be accepted under any circumstances.